Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dotty pink

Well, the purple gradient was chipping horribly, so I took it off.  I don't know if it was too thick (the white was pretty globby), or if I had too much oil on my nails (applied jojoba earlier in the day as a deep treatment, but washed my hands and swiped my nails with acetone before polishing), so that was disappointing.  Whatever.  I'll be trying gradients again, that's for sure.  I'm thinking that with opaque polishes like the ones I used, a coat of base color isn't really necessary anyway.

My niece told me that my next mani needed to be pink, so this is what I came up with.

 photo 32F20456-1F73-4D19-9A7A-21CFA4577884_zpshsqpvwvj.jpg

That's two coats of WnW Megalast Through the Grapevine, accented with WnW Wild Shine Flirty Rose Creme.  The Through the Grapevine is a really nice deep pinky-purple, and was almost opaque with one coat.

I wasn't really sure how I was going to do the light pink accents until I was actually doing it.  I knew I wanted to do dots, but the diagonal accent nails just sort of happened!  I like it.

 photo 2F6A2D3F-3722-410B-BAFB-48FB9460E30D_zps6rkmfbhq.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment