Thursday, January 30, 2014

My favorite red

I did a quick mani change this afternoon while I was home for lunch, because the pink polish from the past two days looked atrocious with the red shirt I wore today. It completely escaped my notice when I was getting dressed in the early bleary gloom, and it bugged me all morning.

 photo E53A1DA9-6FE4-4DA1-BD4D-B7002EB959A8_zpsvmabxid6.jpg

This is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Wine Not, two coats.  I somewhat ran out of time and didn't do cleanup before applying the top coat, but the brush and formula are so good on this polish that it almost isn't necessary.  There was just a little unevenness along the cuticle line.

 photo D0B11B19-5BFE-475A-8CB2-BCE145B7C2F4_zpspx6qltsj.jpg

I adore this color. It's so rich and gorgeous.  It's red, but not a scream-in-your-face red.  A subtle red, it that makes sense.  I've seen it described as a vampy red, which is hilarious because I would never describe myself as "vampy", though I do seem drawn to the darker colors- dark red, dark purple, dark blue, dark green...

I like it so much I bought two backup bottles.  They were on sale, but still...

 photo B278DA5F-112E-46B5-A477-DFE98A5504B4_zpspnp6dpfp.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment