Monday, February 3, 2014

Brown and gold

I never thought I would ever see myself wearing brown nail polish.  I don't really know why... I like brown.  I guess it just seemed boring for nail color.  But it's not.  It's rich.

 photo 1F7ABC2A-0BED-4D8B-A4AA-6EBFBCF908B6_zpsfq5oscty.jpg

This is two coats of OPI You Don't Know Jacques!, stamped with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Go for Gold using the Mash-41 plate, and topped with one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.  Revlon base coat and Seche Vite top coat, as usual.

I like the color of You Don't Know Jacques!, even though I didn't expect to.  It's a rich taupe brown, and not too gray.  I'm still not sold on gray or gray-taupe polish.  Warm colors are better with my skin tone, and I think most grays are too cool for me.  This is a nice medium brown.

 photo DA52FC85-36FF-4E60-A016-CD526F758FB4_zpszuszxriz.jpg

I think the Fairy Dust might have been the slightest bit of overkill, but I do like the sparkle.  Next time I'll probably do either the stamp or the sparkle, but not both.

Still, I like the way it came out.

 photo 0D4C7964-3A17-48B5-B122-EB3AD6194DB4_zpssszhbliq.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment