Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Blue!

Did another mani last night. I like this one!

 photo F072EAD4-CE70-457A-A1E4-591B299AB952_zpstnmjkasv.jpg

This is two thin coats of OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay, topped with one generous coat of Orly Shine on Crazy Diamond. Really sparkly and pretty.

The Shine on Crazy Diamond is similar to China Glaze Fairy Dust, but the particles are slightly larger and it's a bit more aggressively sparkly. I like them both a lot.

And THAT BLUE!

I love this blue. It's a medium navy or dark cobalt creme, and may possibly be that blue I was looking for. I think it's a shade lighter than China Glaze First Mate, which I bought thinking it was the one I was looking for, but ended up being a touch darker than I had hoped. The Keeping Suzi at Bay is light enough that it still looks blue when it's on my nails, not black.

I haven't worn First Mate in a while, so I'll have to swatch both together and see the difference. I seem to have a lot of blue polishes. I'm always on the lookout for THE ONE, which I suspect will be a TARDIS blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment