Friday, January 9, 2015

COMPARISONS: First Mate vs Keeping Suzi at Bay, and I Need a Refresh-Mint vs Gumdrop vs For Audrey

So here are the swatches for China Glaze First Mate and OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay.  I had a dickens of a time trying to get these to photograph in their true colors.  In this picture (on my monitor), the polish color is fairly accurate, even though the background is overexposed.



They are close to a match, but not exact.  First Mate is darker and more grayed, whereas Keeping Suzi at Bay is a clearer blue.  I like them both, but Keeping Suzi at Bay has edged into the lead for my favorite blue creme polish.

And also, because I can, here's a shot comparing Wet n Wild Megalast I Need a Refresh-Mint, Orly Gumdrop, and China Glaze For Audrey.

 photo IMG_6321_zps6207de69.jpg

I Need a Refresh-Mint is obviously bluer, but Gumdrop and For Audrey are very, very close.  Gumdrop is very slightly grayer, but they're almost indistinguishable.  I think I marginally prefer For Audrey; however, I have a full size Gumdrop and a sample size For Audrey, and I don't think I'll be getting a full size For Audrey until the Gumdrop is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment